Mar 8, 2008
how long do you live with h.i.v
| Response from Dr. Henry
If a HIV+ person gets treatment before they are sick and has access to high quality care including potent antiretroviral medications then the current goal is to achieve a normal life expectancy (reduce the impact of HIV on health to near zero). That goal appears achievable/possible when patients are on continuous effective treatment with an undetectable HIV level in the blood and have a CD4 count > 500. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Swallowing Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.