Mar 8, 2008
how long do you live with h.i.v
Response from Dr. Henry
If a HIV+ person gets treatment before they are sick and has access to high quality care including potent antiretroviral medications then the current goal is to achieve a normal life expectancy (reduce the impact of HIV on health to near zero). That goal appears achievable/possible when patients are on continuous effective treatment with an undetectable HIV level in the blood and have a CD4 count > 500. KH
timing of split dose meds
antiHIV meds induced hepatitis
- Why Am I Getting Herpes Outbreaks Every Few Weeks?
- When Genital Warts Fall Off Are You Still Contagious?
- What Type Of Specialist To See Regarding Shingles?
- What The Chances Of Getting Herpes Without An Outbreak?
- What Is The Difference Between Razor Burn And Herpes On The Vagina?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.