Mar 8, 2008
how long do you live with h.i.v
| Response from Dr. Henry
If a HIV+ person gets treatment before they are sick and has access to high quality care including potent antiretroviral medications then the current goal is to achieve a normal life expectancy (reduce the impact of HIV on health to near zero). That goal appears achievable/possible when patients are on continuous effective treatment with an undetectable HIV level in the blood and have a CD4 count > 500. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Topping Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vomiting After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.