|Is it ok?
Mar 5, 2008
I HIV positive for 6 years now,i am yet to start ART but withimmunity boosters i am able to increase my CD4 count from 168 to 241,my husband has refused to take any treatment,will it affect me in anyway when i start ART and i still have sex with him?
Response from Dr. Henry
Safe sex (use of condoms) is recommended in that situation in order to minimize the chances for you to acquire any strain of HIV that might be resistant to your HIV regimen or more damaging to your immune system. Receiving effective HIV treatment does not make a patient immune to super-infection with another strain but does make it less likely in most cases. KH
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Receptive Anal Sex With Condom
- Should I Get Tested After Touching Condom?
- Bronchitis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.