Mar 5, 2008
what if any are its side effects?
Response from Dr. Henry
Sulfamethoxazole in often used (with trimethoprim) in HIV+ patients to treat or prevent a wide variety of infections. The most common side effects are a rash (occasionally severe), gut (nausea, vomiting), itching, fever, low white cell counts and liver irritation. Most of the side effects are mild and often will resolve with more time. Treatment can often be continued with close observation and symptomatic management. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.