Feb 28, 2008
when does peripheral neuropathy start normally in the course of hiv infection. Is it from the very beginning meaning acute infection on, or only later in the course of infection?!!
Is it right that it can be caused by both, hiv itself as well as art?!
Goodbye and thank you.
Response from Dr. Henry
Peripheral neuropathy can be caused by HIV infection sometimes in early infection but more often in late infection. Certain HIV drugs (in particular the D drugs D4T, ddI and ddC) can cause peripheral neuropathy (usually beginning in toes/feet). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hpv After Licking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Bacteria That Causes Hepatitis B
- Can Genital Warts Cause Cancer?
- Can You Get Std If You And Your Partner Are Virgin And Have Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.