Stoctrin & Truvada reaction

I had leukemia in 2003 and after extensive Chemo am now in remission.However I contracted HIV as a result of all the blood transfusions I received.I was put on Nivirapene and a combiver in 2007 but a haemoglobin test showed the toxicity of the combiver has compromised my bone marrow with counts dropping from 14 to 9.6. I am now on Stoctrin and Truvada and have come off in a rash that reminds of an allergy type rash. I am due to see my doctor for blood tests in 1 months time but am a bit perterbed in the mean time. I know a rash is one of the symptoms but it seems extreme.I had no reaction to the Nivarapene treatment. Should I consult my doctor or just persavere and hope in one months time the rash subsides?Does the rash go away? Regards J

The rash seen with efavirenz most often occurs around day 10-12 and usually lasts 1-2 weeks. In studies the rash resulted in patients stopping efavirenz (Stocrine) about 1-2% of the time so most patients continue efavirenz through the rash. In < 1% of cases the rash will be very severe with involvement of eyes. mouth, airways (Stevens-Johnson syndrome)necessitating immediate discontinuation of efavirenz. Switching to nevirapine in the midst of a rash is done successfully in some cases but I am often uncomfortable doing that if the rash is severe (prefer using a boosted protease inhibitor if that is an option for you). KH

Downtime from sustiva
lypomaorfattytissue