|Downtime from sustiva
Feb 20, 2008
I am planing to have a baby as soon as possible. Knowing that I can't be on sustiva during conception, what is the minimun about of downtime or wait time after changing from sustiva before trying? My VL is undetectable and my CD4 count is about 450. Thanks!
| Response from Dr. Henry
I usually switch the patient to an alternative regimen (such as a boosted protease inhibitor) and confrim continued control of HIV and tolerability (often takes several months) before being comfortable with plans to conceive a child. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Spots A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Can You Get AIDS From Picking Your Nose?
- Groin Pain After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.