Downtime from sustiva
Feb 20, 2008
I am planing to have a baby as soon as possible. Knowing that I can't be on sustiva during conception, what is the minimun about of downtime or wait time after changing from sustiva before trying? My VL is undetectable and my CD4 count is about 450. Thanks!
Response from Dr. Henry
I usually switch the patient to an alternative regimen (such as a boosted protease inhibitor) and confrim continued control of HIV and tolerability (often takes several months) before being comfortable with plans to conceive a child. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Ear Infection A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Fatigue An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Pain In Balls After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- What Part Of The Body Is Affected By Hepatitis?
- Can Hiv Infection Cause High Blood Pressure?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.