Body Rash

I have just started taking Atripla and on the 12 day I have developed a rash/red skin that coveres the entire top half of my body and some lower. The doctor prescribed me a antihistamines and steroids but I see no effect. Does this diagnosis seem accurate and well will it beging to work?

The rash that can be seen with Atripla( often due to efavirenz). It is seen in up to 25% of patients and is most often seen around days 10-12 lasting 1-2 weeks. Meds given for rash often simply minimize the symptoms without resulting in immediate clearance of the rash. The rash can be very severe with other symptoms (involvement of eyes, mouth, airways) in about 1% of cases. Most patients continue efavirenz despite the rash (results in stopping efavirenz in about 1-2% of cases in clinical studies). KH

Atripla - Bedtime/Em,pty Stomach.
kp-1461 / pacific horizon