No sexdrive

Hello guys,

I'm a 36 year old woman from Holland who have a lot of questions. The only problem is that my English is not that good, so ik hope u will understand my question.

Three years ago my husband and i find out that we are hiv effected, het started soon after discovering with Kaletra and Combivir. Before that time we had a very good sexlive, but a half year after starting with his medicine he lost the feeling. he can get an erection but no ejecaluation. For me it is very frustrating ( and also for him but he won't face the problem). At this time it is a very bog problem because we want to have a child and without sex there will be no child. We are sure that it is the result of the medicine, but he can't stop. Is there an other alternative? What do you recomande?

Thanks for answering.

Greets from Holland

Often knowledge of HIV status and stress/worry contribute greatly to loss is sex drive. For males there can be a low testerone level than can contribute. It is hard to sort out the contribution of Combivir + Kaletra to the problem. I have had scores of male patients on that combination without any noticeable impact on their sex drive though there have been a few patients where the timing suggested that the drugs could be contributing. An evaluation by his HIV provider and perhaps either a urologist or sex therapist can often be helpful. KH

Antibiotics, Sustiva, Truvada and loose stools
Anal Intercourse