Feb 16, 2008
I am about to change my HIV meds ( sustiva, 3tc and viread) because am ready to have a baby. what other combination of meds would you recommend I talk to my doctor about?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Depending on your CD4 count (not used as much if CD4 count > 250), nevirapine is used as a substitute for efavirenz as are a variety of boosted protease inhibitor regimens (I have had good success with ritonavir boosted lopinavir, atazanavir, and saquinavir). Often zidovudine (instead of tenofovir) is used in pregnancy due to proven effectiveness though I have used tenofovir + FTC or 3TC or abacavir+ 3TC as the nuke backbones with generally good results 3TC. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Risk Of Getting HIV
- Vaginal Secretions Afraid I Have HIV
- Vaginal Secretions And HIV Testing
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Vaginal Sex Without Condom?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Deep Kissing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.