Jan 27, 2000
I was wondering if muscle tremors (not cramps, but rather quick 1 sec. flexes of the muscles) could be a side effect or HIV or a side effect of medication?
Response from Dr. Henry
HIV can rarely be associated with tremors. Some HIV related medications (such as the sulfa/trimethoprim antibiotics) are also rarely associated with tremors. Many drugs can cause Parkinsonian like tremors in some patients. A careful examination and history by a good doc (consider a neurologist who is an expert in these things)can often be useful. Hope that helps.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.