Feb 13, 2008
hi Doc i have been on combivir twice a day and stocrin once a day. i have developed a skin rash over my body. could it be from the meds or maybe an allergy to dust or mould since i went on a trip to the rural areas of lesotho. thanx
Response from Dr. Henry
If you have been on those meds for > 6-8 weeks without a rash and then develop a rash it most often would be due to some other factor. In the first several months of use the Stocrine can cause a rash or the combination of meds can cause skin flares due to immune reconstitution. There are a wide range of both HIV and non-HIV related skin conditions than can be challenging to sort out . The best place to start out is to see your HIV specialist who is familiar with you and the area. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Urine After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.