switch to viaramune
Feb 11, 2008
I have been on Atripla since 12/28/07and my anxiety levels are increasing severely. My CD4 was 400 and VL 50,000 when I started therapy. Would I be able to switch to Viaramune at this time or should I try a different class of drugs?
Thanks in advance.
Response from Dr. Henry
Most patients can safely switch off efavirenz to nevirapine (observed closely during the first months for liver, skin, mucousal surface problems) in the setting of undectable HIV levels. Other switch choices would include ritonavir boosted atazanavir, fosamprenavir, lopinavir, saquinavir, or darunavir. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Feet An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Can Mucous In Stool Be An Std?
- Can You Get Genital Warts On Your Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.