Is folliculitis a side-effect of Kaletra

I was on Truvada and Viracept since I started treatment. Viral load had been undetectable and CD4 in the 400 range. My doctor informed me that there had been a study done that indicated that Viracept was a carcinogen and advised that I switch to something else. At the beginning of January 2008, I started using Kaletra. After being on the Truvada and Kaletra combo for approximately two weeks, I developed severe folliculitis on most parts of my body. Currently, being treated with oral and topical antibiotics. No new labs done yet. Is this just a coincidence that I got folliculitis at that same time I've been on my new regimen or could the Kaletra be the cause? I'm convinced it's the Kaletra. Any advice?

The issue with Viracept was that the formulation available in much of the world contained a contaminant (EMS) that has been linked to health concerns including a potential increased risk for malignancy (lifetime risk estimated to be 1 in 100,000 which is still low overall). To my knowledge that problem has been addressed. I have had numerous patients on Kaletra experienced flare-ups of folliculitis either when starting ART for the first time or switching from another treatment. If is unclear to me whether those flare-ups related to further immune restoration or are due to one of the components of Kaletra. Folliculitis is fairly common in HIV+ persons so could also not be related to either of those possibilities so it is often hard to pin down why the flare ups occur. If stumped I often refer to a dermatologist to try and narrow down the diagnostic possibilities. KH

Visceral Fat
Yellow watery Diarrhea