PN and Lidoderm

I have been dealing with painful PN in my feet for about 8 years. When I don't have to wear socks it is okay. But, now that winter is here, I wear socks and shoes all day and at the end of the day my feet are throbbing like mad. I am currently on Nueronton. I take 600mg in the am and 900mg at night. I am not sure this works all that well. I have tried numerous other treatments, Have you heard of people using Lidoderm for this. My idea was to apply the film to the bottom of my feet in the AM, then remove the film late in the evening. I think this might help. I also need to point out that my liver enzymes tend to run high. Is there any way that the Lidoderm would have an adverse affect on my liver counts. I anxiously await your response. Neal

I have had several patients experience relief for their peripheral neuropathy from applicaiton of lidocaine patches to their feet. Liver problems from that treatment would not be common-most patients would do OK from the liver standpoint. Often I have a patients try the treatment on one foot using the other one as a control for a week or so to see if pain relief is experienced in one foot versus the other. KH

HIV PEP sickness
Kaletra dose (follow up info)