chronic diarrhea

About a month ago i was switched to an aggressive therapy to treat my hiv. I am entering my 25th year of infection and have experienced drug resistance. The drugs I'm taking are Norvir, Prezista, AZT, Isentress, and Truvada. I'm experiencing episodes of diarrhea with no particular patterns of the event. But it occurs at least 4-5 times per week without warning. Are there any natural treatments available to prevent the diarrhea? Also, Imodium seems to be working but I'm unclear about the daily usage of this product. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Many of your meds can result in stomach sympptoms including diarrhea (ritonavir, darunavir, tenofovor and AZT). I have some patients who use imodium on a regular basis and try to titrate (find the best dose for them) it to minimize the appearance of diarrheal episodes (i.e take a pill every AM or routinely before meds). For some patients, fiber tablets and/or calcium supplements help. KH

Herpes Zorster/short breath while on meds
STOCKRIN TIMES