Lipodystrophy & Exercise

I've been living with HIV for 13 yrs., and have been on practiclly all the drugs out there. I also developed Type II Diabetes in "99, so I'm on more drugs, including Insulin. My lipodystrophy is in my stomach from my boobs to my belly button. I'd like to know if there's any ab exercise that specifically targets that ab area that I have. I'm so fed up with nosy people asking me when my baby's due! Thanks. Diane Miller

Good question. Much of the increased abdominal fat seen in HIV-related lipodystrophy is intraabdominal (not next to much of the abdominal muscles like with subcutaneous fat). It is difficult to isolate that fat region for effect of exercise but losing weight/fat will often non-specifically decrease intra-abdominal fat to a variable and often frustrating degree. Often an hour spent with a personal trainer is time and money well spent to develop a targeted exercise plan. KH

Ear numbness
Herpes Zorster/short breath while on meds