Feb 5, 2008
my brother is hiv positive. He is on hiv medication, in chich there is no detectable hiv in blood while on this but his wbc is low. Would neulasta help this or a certain diet? Please help!
Response from Dr. Henry
White cell growth factors are not often used in HIV infection unless there is a very low white blood cell count (such as neutrophils < 500/mm3) and a clinical concern about infection. A general health/nutrition assessment by his HIV doctor is the most appropriate place to start developing a plan. KH
PPE and tinnitus
Truvada and nevirapine and burning eyes.
- Will Chlamydia Show Up On A Urine Culture?
- What's The Difference Between Trichomoniasis And Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Kind Of Skin Problems Can You Have If You Have Gonorrhea?
- What Kind Of Blood Test Do You Use For Herpes?
- What Is The Incubation Period For Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.