Need some help

Hello quick question...I know this forum Is for side-effect related to HIV infection But I will be going on meds in the near future.I have just been diagnosed of having HIV, and we know how I was exposed, it happened 4 months ago. I also am infected with a medium severeness of CFS(Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)And I have heard that it also weakens the immune system, I'm worried to death now that I have both that my life is over and I have even heard I probably wont live anything farther than 5 years now, IS there any chance with meds and trying your hardest I could see past 5-10 years? I can still exercise some and eat well I'm just tired a lot, I can also afford the best med's available I'm well off. can u shed any light on this?

Thanks

Philip

Philip,

the chances are good you will be alive in 5-10 years with just a little bit if luck, your hard work investing in your health, and some good medical care. I would recommend reading a self-help book like Healing HIV by Jon Kaiser (work on stress and nutrition) and get connected with a good support group or counselor. It is always a blow to find out about HIV+ but many/most work through it and manage to start enjoying life. Hope that helps.

KH

Help for a friend who may have AIDS
Just started taking Hydroxyurea