Follow up on Hairloss Question

My 28-yr old son has been on Truvada and Kaletra since being diagnosed last November. He is now experiencing significant hairloss and others are starting to notice. I've read this can be a side effect of the meds, but is there anything that can help? If it does "stabilize," will re-growth occur?

There is little published on the course of hair loss for patients on particular HIV regimens including Truvada/Kaletra. In my own experience the course is highly variable so it is very difficult to provide meaningful comment for a particular patient. Hair loss has not been a frequentl feature of Truvada/Kaletra. I have observed patients whose hair loss stabilized and seemed to reverse. If persistent and no other clear cause found then a switch to alternative meds might be considered. KH

Changing Meds
Device for relief of PN