Side effects worse with Atriplaa

I took Truvada and Sustiva for a time and did experience the tiredness, vivid dreams and lack of concentration for a short time and then it disappeared. I tried Atripla and experienced the tiredness and lack of concentration again. Went back on Truvada and Sustiva and it resolved. I tried Atripla again and the side effects have returned. Theoretically, this should not be, because it is the same medications. Is there a reason, say from the binding agents in the drug, that will cause the tiredness that doesn't resolve with time like it did with a two drug regime?

I have had a small number of my own patients as well as have heard of others who experience the phenomenon you describe (tolerated Truvada/Sustiva but more problems with Atripla) so the rate/degree of absorption of particularly the efavirenz may vary between the two formulations in certain individuals. KH

Sustiva/Truvada Side Effects
Efavirenz Side Effects