Muscle and joint pain after just two years

I have been on Combivir/Sustiva now for two years. This is my first regamine. I always take my meds on time and faithfully and my CD4 count is always 500+ and Viral Load is below 50 now. Things were going along great. Now all of a sudden my leg muscles ache and my joints hurt, especially my knees, wrists and shoulders. My Doc seems to be at a loss for a reason. Is it possible that my meds are causing these problems??? Thanks for helping.... Dick

AZT rarely causes muscle irritation (myopathy) so that is a consideration. Otherwise your regimen has not been clearly linked to a symmetric polyarticular process as you describe. There are a range of HIV-associated and non-HIV associated arthritidies that often merit refer to a rheumatologist to sort out. KH

Combivir/Efavirenz - to - Atripla
Sustiva/Truvada Side Effects