Lipomas

Dear Doctors,

Thanks for all of the great advice and helping us HIVers through some worrisome times. My questions is as follows..About a week ago I noticed a small lump on the inside portion of my elbow. I went to my doctors office and after feeling it he quickly diagnosed it as a lipoma and said that it was harmless. After I left his office I realized that I didnt ask some key questions. Im a 44-year-old male HIV+, undetectable, CD4 of 680 on Sustiva and Epzicom for 8 months.

Will this lipoma likely resolve on its own? Do they tend to get bigger? And is it related to my drug regimen, and if so am I likely to experience more of these? Thanks again for your answers.

Lipomas can be a part of the lipodystrophy spectrum of disorders reproted int he setting of HIV infection/treatment though are quite common in the general population making a linkage to a particular drug or regimen tough. Most lipomas are benign and mostly a cosmetic issue. Your present HIV regimen has not been clearly linked to an increase in lipomas and is generally viewed as being fat friendly. The natural history of lipomas is quite variable. They often are persistent for years and can get bigger. Annoying lipomas are sometimes excised surgically. KH

Taking Sulfa/Trimeth 800/160MG and Atripla is this safe?
HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE