Taking Sulfa/Trimeth 800/160MG and Atripla is this safe?

I recently posted a question about boils and found it very useful, thank you. Now on to my question. My doctor prescribed me Bactrum (I think this is how it is spelled)Sulfa/Trimeth 800/160MG. Is this safe? I've been very sick lately, been feeling very nauseated since taking this medication, my doctor is currently out of town, but a replacement doctor is covering for him and I asked her about this if it was safe and she said that it was. She told me to call her if the boils don't go away, and that pretty much sums up the case. I just need to know if this problem of me feeling very nauseated persist, should I call the doctor and stop this medication. I know that I just have a few more days with this medication, but the effects of it is kind of a killer. I'm eating as well as I can without feeling like I'm going to vomit (eating bread, soups) and drinking plenty of liquids, but it still don't seem to subside. Any suggestions?

LEM

Generally taking Atriple with a sulfa medication (like Bactrim) is safe. In settings like you describe the antibiotic often is used to treat or suppress potentially serious infections so stopping it should be done carefully. Remaining well hydrated and checking kidney, liver function is important to make sure nothing serious is going on. Nausea can often be helped with dosing /timing changes or some anti-nausea medication. KH

SmartLipo or Tummy Tuckand HIV
Lipomas