SmartLipo or Tummy Tuckand HIV

I am a 44 year old Africa American female, who was diagnosed with the virus over 12 years ago. I have been taking Sustiva and Truvada for the last three years now with an undetected viral load. I am considering having SmartLipo on my abdominal area. I am considering SmartLipo, because it is less invasive then the Liposuction/Tummy Tuck. However, SmartLipo is not for large areas therefore, I may have to resort to the tummy tuck. Is there any recent data on potential risk involved? Are you ware of any precautions?

I haven't seen any published data or studies that address your question. Often the increased fat seen due to HIV infection and/or its treatment involves intra-abdominal fat that is not as accessable to liposuction. Any reader is invited to post a reference if they are aware of one. Cosmetic surgery due to increased subcutaneous fat is common in the general population and is not generally more of a problem in HIV+ persons on treatment who more often lose subcutaenous fat when they experience lipodystrophy problems. For most surgical procedure, HIV persons tolerate them well with no added risk for serious complications or adverse outcomes. KH

Kidney Stones
Taking Sulfa/Trimeth 800/160MG and Atripla is this safe?