vivid dreams related to HIV meds

This is in response to the writer who asked about vivid dreams returning after beginning meds and if it was related. I am on exactly the same meds Reyataz/Norvir/Trudada or Epzicom (one of which is a placebo) and assume that I am in the same NIH clinical study as the original poster. I have experienced the same recurrence of dreams which, prior to meds, had pretty much dissappeared from my sleep. Shortly after beginning meds, i had many sleep problems (insomnia, trouble staying asleep etc) and experienced several episodes of "disturbing" and vivid dreams. Eventually the "disturbing" aspect went away and I have returned to more normal (or at least, non-scary) dreams. It's a welcome sign, since for several years I had had not one single dream. I always woke up with absolutely nothing. Now I have something to think, or chuckle, about every morning. I take it as a sign of returning good health.

Thank you for sharing your experience relating to dreams and the atazanavir/ritonavir + Epzicom or Truvada regimen. KH

high vl hbv carrier and newly hiv infected
HIV and Lipodystrophy