high vl hbv carrier and newly hiv infected

I'm a hbv carrier of 10 mil vl starting treatment with Baraclude 8 days ago. I've just also found to be in acute hiv infection for 7 weeks. Should I start hiv drug treatment? And should I continue with Baraclude? Thank you so much

There is concern that monotherapy for hepatitis B with entecavir (Baraclude) could result in the development of resistance for the HIV virus. If hepatitis B is being treated in the setting of co-infection with HIV then the HIV should be treated as well using 2 HIV drugs that are also active against hepatitis B. I would discuss soon with your HIV specialist. KH

Lower back pain since Atripla
vivid dreams related to HIV meds