Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

new blood cleaner in hospitals?

Hi I just read an article on a company called Aethlon medical: that would like to clean blood in hospitals, for the purpose of MRSA, HIV, Hep etc... You would be hooked up to a dialysis machine and clean blood would be returned. Do you see this in the near future in Canada, have you heard of this?

Response from Dr. Conway

The Hemopurifier device of Aethlon Medical would, in theory, bind envoloped viruses in a dialysis-type cartridge that is appropriately coated to do so. The blood would be run through the cartridge, and infected blood would go in, and less infected (or, I suppose non-infected) blood would come out and be pumped back into the patient. This is intriguing in theory, but is almost completely untested and certainly unproven. NO clinical trials of any kind have been done, and this would do nothing at all to address cell or tissue-associated HIV. I am not terribly optimistic about this approach being useful for HIV/AIDS...but we will know more when clinical trials are completed in the next 8-10 years or so...Still a long way off.

Test at 12 weeks
Atripla side effects