|Osteoarthritis in HIV
Jan 25, 2008
Please advise the relationship of osteo-arthritis in HIV pos patients. Are they at higher risk of developing Osteoarthritis?
| Response from Dr. Henry
I haven't seen much published that clearly links HIV infection to increased rates of standard osteoarthritis compared to the general population of the same age. I also have not observed a clear increase in osteoarthritis in our clinic of 1200+ patients though they do have a modest rate of a variety of forms of joint problems /arthritis often necessitating a referral to a rheumatologist to sort out. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Sex With A Prostitute?
- Black Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Urine After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.