|Osteoarthritis in HIV
Jan 25, 2008
Please advise the relationship of osteo-arthritis in HIV pos patients. Are they at higher risk of developing Osteoarthritis?
Response from Dr. Henry
I haven't seen much published that clearly links HIV infection to increased rates of standard osteoarthritis compared to the general population of the same age. I also have not observed a clear increase in osteoarthritis in our clinic of 1200+ patients though they do have a modest rate of a variety of forms of joint problems /arthritis often necessitating a referral to a rheumatologist to sort out. KH
hiv in angola
Truvada and Stockrin and Hep B Chronic -
- Red Bumps On The Vaginal Area With White Heads On Them
- Tingling Sensation Penis Sexually Transmitted Disease
- What Does It Mean When You Have A Discharge But No Std?
- What Kinds Of Infections Could Cause A Brown Discharge?
- Can Putting A Finger In A Vagina Cause HIV Infection?
- Does Hepatitis C Delay Hiv Seroconversion?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.