Jan 25, 2008
i take truvada and kaletra.are there sideeffects of hairloss of these medications?or can the hiv virus itself lead to loss of hair?i was diagnosed 1 year ago,and started treatment.i have had a signifikant hairloss after i started treatment.
Response from Dr. Henry
Hair loss after starting HIV treatment is often reported by patients and difficult to sort out or attribute to a single drug. Often hair loss in that setting stabilizes after a while. The FTC in Truvada has occasionally seem to be linked to hair loss in some of my patients. KH
fuzeon + amikacin = Pain!!!
hiv in angola
- Is It Almost Impossible For A Man To Get Hiv From A Woman?
- Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Disease Symptoms
- Does Walking Help Neuropathy?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Is The Difference Between Chlamydia And Gonorrhea?
- Is Ti Common To Get A Uti Before Herpes Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.