combivir and crixivan please help

I have been on combivir and crixivan for two years now and just the in the past few months I have noticed that my legs have gotten very skinny. My doctor suggested that I try using androgel to help bring back some of my muscle mass. Will the androgel help or should I think about changing my meds?

Combivir + Crixivan has been linked to fat changes (often fat loss due to the AZT in Combivir and fat gain is stomach area often due to Crixivan). It available where you are, switching the Combivir to an alternative drug (tenfovir or abacavir instead of AZT) and the Crixivan (to a boosted PI, or efavirenz/nevirapine) will often be helpful in the long run. Use of testoterone has been studied and does not generally increase fat in the extremities (may actually result in more fat loss). KH

Rash all over
Boils, is that a side effect of my medication?