lypodistrophi

Im going to have some fat took from my stomach and injected into my face by a plastic surgeon does it work and are they any side effects.

There has been little published data on the effectivenss of fat transplantation in the setting of HIV treatment related lipodystrophy. One report I am aware of noted that the transplanted fat (placed in facial area) continued to grow and so the result was often a "chipmonk" like appearance. That experience suggested that there are different types of fat that respond differently to lipodystrophy factors and that the type of fat (and not the location) remains constant. Thus I cannot endorse such fat transplanation based on a available data or the experience of my own patients. If any reader has a good reference on the subject please post. KH

Pain Relievers & Atripla
Rash all over