Are my vivid dreams health related?

Hi! I've been having very vivid dreams since about a month after starting meds. I've been on Reyataz/Norvir/Trudada or Epzicom (one of which is a placebo) for about 7 months. I had only 30 t-cells before treatment, viral load was 500K and now as of October 07 I have 208 t-cells and I am undetectable.

I remember being quite a dreamer (while sleeping:) back several years ago, probably before my infection got so advanced. Then there was a few years where I didn't seem to dream at all or at least I did not remember dreaming upon awakening. Then I started treatment and (as mentioned) started having very intense dreams nightly. I realize the meds I am taking are not associated with the "Sustiva-type" dreaming side effects so I was wondering if this could be an effect of my immune system and general overall health improving? I guessed it was because I was returning more to "normal" the way I was prior to HIV infection? I don't drink alcohol or take any substances other than caffeine,eat a balanced diet (40-30-30) and get at least 8 hours of sleep per night.

I don't mind the dreams, even the horrific ones, in fact I find them entertaining (silly I know) and I still feel rested when I wake up in the morning so it's not a problem for me. Just curious!

Your professional input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

As you note generally dream/sleep issues due to HIV treatment relate to use of efavirenz (Sustiva/Stocrine). The rate of dream/sleep problems linked to either boosted atazanavir or the NRTI combinations of Truvada or Epzicome is low (< 5%). I have had scores of patients on those regimens and have not noted any increase of dream intensity reported by patients. There may be individual susceptbilities to that effect not well captured in either studies or any physician's own experience. If any reader knows of a reference on the subject or has had a similar experience please post. KH

switching to atripla > worried
Just an update