switching to atripla > worried

My doc convinced me to switch to Atripla since after taking crixivan for about ten years my triglycerides are pretty dang high(over 600). I've been taking Norvir, Crixivan and Truvada and the idea of just taking one pill a day is a dream indeed, however I'm pretty worried on the side effects I hear, vivid dreams, insomnia, dizziness etc.

Do the side effects show up on everyone? How long do they last and are they THAT bad? What do they mean exactly by vivid dreams? Nightmares? What other side effects Atripla has?

I've been doing great on currnet meds and hopefully I will be able to manage Atripla as well,

Thanks for your support and help ya all . BTW my cd4 are 1024 and VL undetectable.

Atripla contains the same meds as Truvada which you are already taking so the only new med would be the efavirenz (Sustiva or Stocrine). Generally at least 50% of patients experience dream and sleep disturbances during the first weeks of taking efavirenz. Those are generally tolerable (sometimes requiring use of a sleep med for a while) and by 4 weeks perhaps 10% of patients are still experiencing such annoying side effects. The side effects of efavirenz are severe resulting in stopping the medications in only a small percentage of patients (< 5%). KH

atripla/sustiva sleep issues
Are my vivid dreams health related?