A very Importan Question

I have been HIV Positive since 2003 and have been on Kaletra and now on Atripla and I have nioticed a growth below my left buttocks and it has become the size of a quarter and the topical part is itchy and I am wondering what it is and what should be done about it or will it go away over time. Very concerned because it is hardeing like a rock and may need further inspection but want a heads up on what to tell my doctor.

Response from Dr. Conway

I am pleased that you are able to take the new one pill once a day all inclusive HAART regimen and benefit from it. As for the lesion on your buttock, it could be a number of things, most likely something inflammatory, or an infection. There is a slight possibility that it may be a cancerous growth, however. So that a specific diagnosis can be made and so that you may receive the most appropriate treatment, the best thing for you to do is to show it to your doctor, who may have to refer you to a specialist for a biopsy or other tests before treatment is begun. One way or another, it is most likely that a fairly simple and short treatment will address the issue, so I would encourage you to deal with this as soon as you can.

Artemisia Annua - Does it Work?
Insertive sex and the related risks