|Flomax and Norvir
Jan 11, 2008
My urologist recently prescribed Uroxatral for my enlarged prostrate. I checked on line and saw that this should not be taken with Norvir. My HIV meds are Truvada, Lexiva and Norvir. I contacted the doctor and he switched the Uroxatral to Flomax. Is this ok to take with the Norvir?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Flomax can usaually be used safely in patients on protease inhibitors. In addition, I have had numerous patients tolerate Flomax on a variety of protease inhibitors. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore Throat A Sign Of HIV?
- Fever After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Muscle Ache After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Getting Fingered Worried I Have
- Tingling In Fingers After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.