|NOT RESISTANT ANYMORE
Jan 10, 2008
I FAILED SUSTIVA AND VIRAMUNE YEARS AGO. WAS TOLD I HAD A RESISTANCE TO 1 DRUG IN EACH MEDICINE. 5 YRS AGO I DID A NEW GENOTYPING AND IT FOUND NO RESISTANCE AT ALL. I WANT TO TRY ATRIPLA NOW. DO U THINK ITS SAFE TO GIVE IT A TRY?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Detection of resistant virus often diminishes with time off treatment. Those resistant strains persist and would likely lead to treatment failure if Atripla by itself was used again. I would recommend use of a boosted protease inhibitor based regimen plus consider raltegravir if that is available where you live. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Blowjob From A Prostitute Safe?
- Anal Warts After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Black Spots After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.