Will I be med resistent?

I took combivir for over a year and my doctor felt I had become resistant to it because my viral load didn't remain totally undetectible. He changed my regimen to Norvir/fortavase/Zerit/videx. Although things seem fine now we have talked about changing my regimen again. do I have many options left? Also will I increase my risk of resistance to the meds by changing?

Hopefully you do have options left. You likely have resistance to 3TC and and some resistance to AZT. You may have some activity left from the class of those drugs belong to (the NRTIs) and should have good activity left for drugs from the NNRTI class (such as nevirapine or efavirenz) and the PI class. If you and your doc make a switch again when your virus is fully suppressed (below the level of detection) then most of the drugs you were on at the time are still active. Changing meds when the virus is fully suppressed doesn't necessarily lead to resistance unless the new regimen lacks potency. You should have numerous options left-good luck. KH

where are my testicles?
headache after ejaculation