Side Effects of PI

I have been taking Norvir,Fortavase,Videx, and Zerit for about 4 yrs. As of my last blood test (oct/2000), my cd4 count has been about 650 and my vl last time was about 400 or so. I go through periods of headaches and diarhea. Is this normal? If I take excedrin the headache goes away also Imodium AD takes care of the diarhea.

ALthough many patients experience side effects on HIV medications I hesitate to cal those side effects normal. It is not normal to have chronic headaches and diarrhea. If no other cause of those conditions can be found, then one is often left considering them as side effects of the HIV medications. If they are mild and can be easily managed, then often one just puts up with them. If the situation suggests that other HIV medications might work then consideration of a change or switch of meds is a common manuver. In some patients treatment was started at a time when the approach was aggressive but now perhaps the situation doesn't demand therapy. In those situations then stopping treatment for a while is a consideration. Without more details I can't comment further but again I don't consider chronic symptoms "normal". If they are mild and you can put up with then and your HIV situation calls for continued use of your particular regimen, then you may be stuck for a while. KH

No Side Effects?
Kaletra Side Effects?