re: Truvada + Viramune

I have been on this regimen for 4 years (switched Epivir for Emtriva when it came out) and have been undetectable since starting this combination. I have no side effects and have had a continuous increase in CD4 absolute and % numbers. I have never missed a dose but have had to alternate dosing times +/-3 or 4 hours during travel etc...

It took me almost 18 months to find a combination with an acceptable side effect profile but it has paid off. HIV treatment is NOT a one size fits all deal and it is worth finding a doctor with HIV treatment experience.

This website has been my bible along with my regular doctor's appointments. Thanks for keeping us HIV+ folks well informed and healthy.

Response from Dr. Conway

Thanks so much for your comments. You are absolutely right, that no one regimen is right for everyone. According to a recent advertising slogan, "one size fits one". It is great that you have found a regimen that you can take, and that it is producing good results. We can expect that you will maintain virolgic suppression as long as you stay on this regimen...perhaps for decades. Congratulations on keeping yourself healthy and the site accepts your thakns with humility for any role we have played in helping you along the way.

Definitive test or not, please help
HIV Transmission and Laser Hair Removal