lipodystrophy and current medications

I have been on Atripla and Zidovudine for the last three years and have noticed an increase in the effects of lipodystrophy and lipoatrophy. Specifically, the bull hump is more noticeable and the wasting of the face is more pronounced.

Which of the drugs that I am taking is more well known for these issues? What possible substitutes can I ask for?

Regards

Of the drugs you mention the zidovudine ( a thymidine analogue) has been most linked to fat redistribution issues (fat loss > fat gain). Time with HIV, age, CD4 nadir, genetics, and other non-drug factors also contribute to fat distribution problems. Zidovudine is generally does not add much to the effectiveness Atripla so either stopping or switching it to an alternative drug may be worth considering. KH

Working with HIV
Kivexa ans Sustiva