combining niacin with Lipitor
Dec 24, 2007
Is it OK to take a niacin supplement while taking Lipitor to reduce triglycerides?
Response from Dr. Henry
Niacin can be used with statins (one combination product already on the market in US) including atorvastatin (Lipitor). Close monitoring for side effects such as myopathy is recommended. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Best Ways To Fight Against Hiv Aids?
- Hiv Positive Athletes
- How Long After Exposure Does It Take Hiv To Show Up In Blood Test?
- How To Support Someone Who Is Hiv Positive?
- I Am Hiv Positive And My Boyfriend Is Not How Can I Tell Him
- What Will Happen If Gonorrhea Goes Untreated?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.