haart side effects

I am a medical professional and recently received a needle stick injury..I was started 2 weeks ago on Avocomb (Zidovudine and Lamivudine). In the past 2 weeks I have had muscle weakness and a sudden increase in fat in my abdominal region. Can this be due to the meds? I know that these are side effects of the drugs but can it have occurred in such a short space of time???

It would be quite unusual to develop increased abdominal fat within 2 weeks due to HIV drug related lipodystrophy. The zidovudine has more often been linked to slow loss of subcutaneous fat. Muscle aching can be seen with AZT-occasionally a myopathy may occur so checking muscle enzyme levels is needed for safety assessment in some patients. KH

Can Kidney Disease be reversed?
Naive but bad genotype. Which combo ?