Atripla at Night
Dec 12, 2007
I was diagnosed last week - started on Atripla immediately. I have been taking it at night and going to bed around 9pm so not noticed side effects. Now my spouse has been working 3-11pm and I find that I have dizziness, hot flash feeling, and visual focal disturbances when I go to pick him up from work late. Obviously we will find an alternative safe transport method for him but are these feelings likely from the Atripla?
Response from Dr. Henry
What you describe would be part of the expected spectrum of central nervous system side effects from the efavirenz in Atripla. Those side effects generally diminish over the first 2-4 weeks leaving perhaps 10% of patients still noticing problems after the first month. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blisters After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Tiredness After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.