Difficulty in swalloing the pills.

Dear Doctors,

I am taking truvada and sustiva for more than 2 years now and nowadays I am having problems in swalloing the pills. Can you give some suggestions...By the way, I have never missed a dose. I am indetectable, cd4 500 and 21%. I am feel myself pretty healthy. Thanks.

Nelson

That issue can be challenging. You may want to try Atripla which would be only one pill/day and may -for some patients-be easier to swallow. Taking the meds with milk or another liquid suitable for your palate with a big gulp can often ease the problem. It may be tough to find a more suitable alterative regimen that involves clearly smaller, easier to swallow pills and many of the liquid HIV meds have taste issues complicating their use for some patients as well. KH

Atripla's contents
wasting without meds