foot and ankle swelling

Dear Doctor:

Two months ago, i started Truvada, Reyataz and Norvir because of CS on my right foot. Two weeks into therapy, I began experiencing foot and ankle swelling sensitive to touch. I am concerned no one is looking into this seriously because in researching it, I have found several other people complaining of the same symptoms and no one can seem to explain it or directly relate it to these drugs even though most of the people are on the same regimens. Can you tell me if anyone in the HIV arena has done any research into this and if so, what they have found or where to go for the information? I would really appreciate some answers. My own physician does not know what to tell me. Thank you! Desperate in Texas.

Swelling of the feet raises concern about such issues as renal, liver or heart function or obstruction of venous/lymph drainage from legs through the pelvis. A good history and examination as well as basic lab testing can generally sort through those possibilities. Peripheral neuropathy can be rarely seen with your regimen but generally doesn't involve swelling. Rapid weight gain seen in some patients starting an effective HIV regimen can sometimes result in some swelling in the feet. KH

What is preferable a good time to take Atripla?
Atripla's contents