Low CD4 and Load

I was diagnosed 3 weeks ago on a routine annual sexual health screening. In hindsight I feel I seroconverted in March this year when I had a bout of flu with fever and rash etc. Blood work was done and my initial counts were a CD4 of 185 and a Viral Load of 30,000. Second bloods have just been taken and my CD4 has now dropped to 114 and I am waiting for the load to come back. Incidentally, my cholesterol level has also gone through the roof. Should I now be looking to commence treatment? I am currently on Septrin to protect against pcp.

Response from Dr. Conway

You have a CD4 count well below 200, and this has been confirmed on two separate measures. If you have only recently been infected, it is theoretically possible that the count will rise in the coming number of weeks. You might therefore want to repeat the counts again in a couple of weeks to see where you stand and if it is still below 350, you should seriously consider going on treatment. If you were infected for a while (more than a year), I would tell you to consider treatment right now.

severe body itching
HIV Rapid Test