severe body itching

Around a month ago, I was out for some two weeks and just before I came back, I had severe outer ear itching. The next day morning, the rashes had appeared all over my hand and face, then the itching started. It has been a month and I went for a dermatological check up where the doctor diagnosed as scabies. But when I looked up Scabies, it said it does not attack above the neck but my itching started from my ear. I think I have been misdiagnosed and the itching is killing me. Please tell me what to do next.

Response from Dr. Conway

Scabies can actually affect any part of the body, especially in the setting of HIV infection. The key here would be to try the treatment for scabies and see if it works, and follow up with the dermatologist one way or another.

aquamid
Low CD4 and Load