HIV treatment

I just started taking Atripla and I'm having problem sleeping, have numbness in my fingers, headache, heart beating real fast and it seems like my blood is rushing to my head. Weakness, dizziness, drowsiness and have no taste in my mouth....It's making me very depressed, what should i do?

Response from Dr. Conway

It sounds as if most (if not all) of your problems may be side effects of the Sustiva part of the Atripla. Such side effects happen in 54% of people who take Atripla, but usually gets better over a number of weeks. You may consider some non-addicting medication to help you sleep and see if this improves things in the short term. Talk to your doctor, as there may be other issues, and there are definitely other therapeutic options to consider if you ever think that Atripla is not for you...

Thanks !!!
Why do I have so many symptoms and side effects?