UNDETECTABLE BUT LOOSE STOOLS AND ENLARGED LIVER

Ive been on atripla for about a year and a half, and now that i think of it i've had diarrea and/or loose stool alittle more than frequently, trouble sleeping at night, and now my doctor has noticed that my Liver is a bit enlarged. Also I've had a series of skin infections on my scalp as of late. The good thing is I've been undetectable for about the amount of time i've been on atripla. Bllod pressure has also been a problem as well as fluctuating weight gain. SEEMS OVER WHELMING HUH ? are these all symptoms of taking this regimen ?

A small percentage of patients taking Atripla will have persistence annoying sleep problems due to efavirenz and/or loose stools (often due to tenofovir). The skin problems you describe would generally not be due directly to the Atripla. Liver enlaregment can be due to a wide range of conditions and most often is not due to one of the components of Atripla. Careful switching and observation for several months of an HIV regimen can help identify if one particular drug in a regimen is linked to a side effect (ie switch tenofovir to abacavir if HLA B5701 negative and/or efavirenz to a boosted PI). KH

Atripila and food
calf twitching