Nov 25, 2007
1-why is AZT and 3TC dont give together ,thought they are in the same group and we can give them together? 2- why is NVP dont be given according to a CD4 count of less than 250 in a woman and _ count of CD4 for a man? thank u
Response from Dr. Henry
Usually AZT and 3TC when used are taken together (often with food to decrease stomach side effects). Nevirapine has been noted to have a higher rate of serious side effects (still low overall) in women with higher CD4 counts (> 250) so that is why there is a difference between men and women. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles Could I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth Sign Of HIV Infection
- Odds Of Getting HIV Sex With A Prostitute
- Can U Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Muscle Ache After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.